2008 Suzuki 150 cuts out at high throttle..

tsolice

Cadet
I recently purchased a Seafox 206 cc. Took it out yesterday, started great and ran in low idle great. Once I pushed her to 3000-3500 RPM she cut out. I primed the bulb and it still did the same thing. At one point it seemed to fix itself and I was able to take it to 4500 RPM's for about 3 minutes straight. Afterwards she cut back out and I had to cruise back in low idle. The priming bulb was sucked together which tells me there is a fuel issue. Could it be as simple as replacing the bulb? I know the ethanol in the fuel these days eats at rubber components and maybe something in the bulb has deterioated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

tsolice

Cadet
Re: 2008 Suzuki 150 cuts out at high throttle..

I'm sorry I forgot to add it's A Df150 and it's four stroke, fuel injected.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

I primed the bulb and it still did the same thing.

I am not sure how you can "prime the bulb " if it is sucked together. It is impossible to pump a bulb that is sucked flat

Sounds like you have a restriction in the fuel delivery. Vent line plugged, pick up tube restriction, fuel line collapsed, or maybe a bad check valve in bulb. use a vacuum gauge Teed into the system at different places to find where the restriction is

tsolice

Cadet

Thank You for the response, I could prime the buld on the way out, on the way in after about two hours is when it was sucked together. Again thank you.

tsolice

Cadet

I changed the bulb and had the same result. I can get the result just revving the engine in my yard. I do have a stupid question, would the fuel/water separator filter be the problem? It's before the priming bulb so that wouldn't make sense to me. I'm kind of new to this so any help would be appreciated. Obviously I'm trying to go the cheap route first before I have to spend a lot of money.

spinnerbaitdave

Recruit

I had the same problem with a yamaha v max 150, change the filter cause it is cheap and have a look inside the fuel tank and find out how much garbage is in there E.G rust, dirt, even rock came out of mine . It may have a particle stuck in the pick up

clanton

Rear Admiral

Did you check the filter, should have a rayco filter with clear plastic bottom.

tsolice

Cadet

I took off the Fuel/Water Separator and there was about half water/half fuel not to mention other particles in the fuel. I don't have a separator filter with a clear bottom. I'm guessing there is water in my fuel tank which is causing my motor to act up at higher RPM's. Is my guess correct?

Inducted

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You are probably right. Replace all filters, drain all fuel lines, drain vst, and drain fuel rail. Once everything is drained try running on fresh fuel in a portable tank. good luck.

tsolice

Cadet

I spoke the dealer about it, he's going to pick the boat up and drain everything and then test run it with new fuel. I will let you guys know what he does to fix it. Thanks for all the suggestions.

tsolice

Cadet

Just an update for those that may be having the same problem. I spoke to the dealer and he said that the High Pressure Filter was clogged. He's in the process of changing that and about to take it out. It makes sense to me.

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer

Just an update for those that may be having the same problem. I spoke to the dealer and he said that the High Pressure Filter was clogged. He's in the process of changing that and about to take it out. It makes sense to me.

I suggest you find a better dealer as there is no way that a "clogged" high pressure fuel filter will cause the primer bulb to go flat - only a restriction on the suction side of the bulb will cause that. Also, if the filter is in fact clogged, they best be pulling all the injectors and having them cleaned, pull the fuel rails, disassemble the VST tank to be cleaned, replace the high pressure fuel pump, low pressure fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator and low pressure filter. Also, find out where all the crap is coming from.

clanton

Rear Admiral

Agree with poster # 12

tsolice

Cadet

I appreciate the suggestions once again, like I stated earlier I'm pretty new to this, I will find out if he did or is going to do all of that. I bought the boat from him "AS IS" him doing what he is doing now is helping me out. I know he has replaced all the filters, and cleaned/drained the VST tank. Drained the main tank. I don't know if he has replaced any pumps or not and I will ask about the injectors. Thanks guys.

Ldavidgrover

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Check the pickup fitting on the tank. Most of the time they are made out of aluminum with a ball and spring inside. What happends is it get corroidded out and swelling causing fuel flow. Replace with a brass fitting. Also if you want hook a 6 gallon tank to the motor and see if it happends.

tsolice

Cadet

Update from last.

The dealer explained to me that he drained the fuel tank, changed all filters, to include the High Pressure fuel filter, drained and cleaned the VST and cleaned the injectors. I took it out Friday and Saturday and it ran perfect. For those that have the same problem I hope this thread helps.