1992 15 HP 2 cycle Yamaha trouble with cleaning out the tell tail on lower case?

JCart

Recruit
Hey Guys,

New here and have the above outboard with very low hours on it. It's a 1992 Yamaha 15 HP bought new 2 stroke Serial Number 15MAHQ 684C S 105005. Has only been in salt water once and was flushed clean and used after in fresh water. Have in storage when not used. So I went to use it last year and no water out the tell tail...put air compressor to it, put wire up the TT. Pulled the rear hose on inside lower cowl and water came out the hose no problem, reconnected now water out the TT port?. Seems that the problem exists within the lower cowl section have put WD 40 and compressed air tried to unplug with wire from both ends. Kind of at a loss what to do? Any suggestions? Anyone now of an online resource that would show the water passages in the lower cowl/leg section. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh also did a number of searches and fare amount of reading here but still no answer to my problem.

thanks,

jrc

robert graham

Admiral
Re: 1992 15 HP 2 cycle Yamaha trouble with cleaning out the tell tail on lower case?

Maybe that black plastic through-cowl fitting is plugged up or broken?

JCart

Recruit
Re: 1992 15 HP 2 cycle Yamaha trouble with cleaning out the tell tail on lower case?

Thanks for the reply Robert on mine there does not seem to be a black plastic fitting the hose that connects to the lower cowl under engine cover at the rear pushes onto a brass fitting that looks to be glued into the aluminum cowl.

It seems there is not a direct line of passage to the tell tail outlet on the rear of leg. When I push ss wire in from the top it seems to hit a floor almost right away. And from the bottom via the TT hole mid leg wire seems to go higher than the brass fitting inside the cowl if that makes sense. Need to source a water passage diagram as the parts list does not show this

Thanks again for your response