85 hp suzuki

spanishmak

Seaman Apprentice
What's up guys,long time no talk.I've got a 1987 88 hp oil injected 2 stroke suzuki,my question is the battery cables on this motor are alot thinner than all the other cables I have ever seen used for battery cables,is this right for this motor ordid someone rig this?What happens is when I dont start this motor for a day or 2 the battery will not turn the motor long enough for it to start,it will only turn the motor over for about 4 or 5 seconds then it will slowly turn slower and slower until it sounds like the battery is dead but then if I wait 5 seconds and hit the key again the battery will sound VERY strong again for 4-5 seconds and do it again,and the positive cable WILL get HOT.so what I do is squirt some premix into the carbs (so the motor will not have to turn over so many times before it starts)and then I will have no problems the rest of the day!Can anyone help??Thanks guys!Ok I am writing this part 2 days later,I changed the cables and its still doin the same thing.I went fishing to four different spots and the motor started fine but when I decided to go home from the last spot and the motor wouldnt start( sounded like a dead battery) let it sit 4-5 seconds,hit key again and it started up strong without a problem,Does anyone have any idea's.Thanks guys:confused::confused:

89dt75

Recruit
Re: 85 hp suzuki

just guessing but does the engine sounds like it has a tight spot? Is the oil injection working?

dogdad

Cadet
Re: 85 hp suzuki

Weak battery? Have you tried swapping it with a known-good battery to check it?