rodbolt this is for you! 99'225 ox66 excessive fuel burn

crankshaft1

Recruit
this ones for rodbolt!! i have a 99 225 ox66 that has an excessive fuel burn low idle and only running on a few cylinders! as i have red in earlier post i have checked my fuel filters and injectors! i have spark on every cylinder but #5 which im pretty is not used in the idle circuit untill <1000 rpm. although i do have spark on the rest of the cylinders #2 and #5 are non responsive. i have done a compression check and all cylinders are between 115-120 psi. i have also checked fuel pressure which is at 35 psi. it is currently dumping excess fuel and @ a rate of 6.2 gph @ idle. the o2 sensor has been replaced and housing clean. the thermostats are opening and closing properly. do you have any ideas why non responsive cylinders and excessive fuel consumption. oh by the way i have disconnected the yellow wire at bottom of cpu and i get my spark back on cyl #5 like i should. much appreciated

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: rodbolt this is for you! 99'225 ox66 excessive fuel burn

on that engine you lose spark at 5 between 800 and 2000 rpm and 2 and five between about 1200 and 2000 rpm.}
have you installed the winky blinky to check for any codes, have you tested the coolent temp sensor.
have you tested all 3 lift pumps for bad diaphrams.
when you dissconect the yellow wire it will lock timing at 7 degrees BTDC and fix fuel. it bypasses the ECU functions and sparks off the pulser coil assy. coil assy is fixed at 7 degrees BTDC high idle and top speed cannot be reached.