06 DF150 Check Engine Light

jeffhvaughn

Seaman Apprentice
So my check engine light has been flashing along with an audible alarm. manual states this is usually due to a voltage problem. Battery remains 100% charged, so good there. I removed the water/fuel filter and poured into a glass container. there was about a 25% separation... assuming it was water, i filled 55 gallon tank up (which was only 1/4 full) and added fuel stabilizer... ran it for a while and no better. The engine also is now idiling at a faster rpm, and will not top out at full rpms (pretty sure some kind of safety shut down)...

any idea what to look for now? would water in the fuel cause the check engine light to do this?

BOAT DOCTOR

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 06 DF150 Check Engine Light

you need to count the flashes of the check engine light it is giving you a code

jeffhvaughn

Seaman Apprentice

Ok i believe it is code 24... 2 flashes, short pause, 4 flashes, long pause, repeat. What does this mean?

BOAT DOCTOR

Petty Officer 2nd Class

its a 2-4 code i have to check to see what it is.does the motor run

reeldutch

Lieutenant

if the motor doesnt idle down it could be a stuck IAC valve.

Idle Air Control valve might hang up and not being able to compensate.

jeffhvaughn

Seaman Apprentice

if the motor doesnt idle down it could be a stuck IAC valve.

Idle Air Control valve might hang up and not being able to compensate.

well it runs and idles fast and continues to flash the 2-4 code... where is the idle air control valve? Is this something simple I can check? The engine is under warranty, but pain in the ***** to get to a repair shop. It is currently on a lift and my trailer for it is outta town.!!