2 stroke yamaha 60hp autolube problem

briansumner

Recruit
Ladies and gentlemen, i am having problems with my outboard and am in need of advice. We live in Ireland and dont get great weather, however today the sun came out and we took are boat to the slipway in great anticipation. The boat has not been used for six weeks and because the petrol was new than i figured it would be fine. The petrol tanks are plastic and there is a filter fitted also. When i tried to start the engine with the choke on it was very difficult to start, eventually the engine started however there was more smoke than usual and the engine didnt sound great. It kept cutting out but eventually stayed on. When ever i pushed the choke off the engine cutout. When i took the cover of the engine the engine roared and there seemed to be petrol coming somewhere from the top. Being a novice to boating all i can say is it seemed to be coming out from the area round where the throttle opens and closes. The engine was fully serviced in June and it was fine six weeks ago. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Brian