1991 pro-v 200 power loss

200yami

Recruit
please help..... i have a 91' pro-v 200. this year a problem rose and has persisted throughout this whole year and seems to be getting worse. engine runs fine at start up and with motor trimmed up. once away from the dock motor is trimmed down and it is at that point it starts smoking like crazy and running really rough. i am giving the engine ample time to warm up before leaving the dock. once i attempt a throttle up, engine bogs down and i am lucky to get 25 mph or 2800 rpm at full throttle. still a lot of smoke. this loss of power / heavy smoke phase will persist through multiple throttle up attempts but then out of no were will go away however now i can now only get 40 mph out of the engine which did about 55 mph last year as well. I just gave the engine a tune up which included: plugs, carb cleaner, fuel filter. i thought this would take care of the problem which it didnt. i checked the choke linkage as well and it is not sticking and it is free of obstruction. I also checked for kinks in the gas line and i could not find any. i checked for gas leaks in the fuel line and could not find any either. compression range is 125 to 115. any help would be gretaly appreciated, thanks in advance!!!