No water out pee hole?

malardman

Cadet
8hp suzuki dt8c 00802-581288. Bought the motor w/ the boat used fired it up at home in the can and no water out the discharge hole? replaced the waterpump cause thought it was bad, even though it was fine. Then I found out it has a thermostat, so I replaced that, the old one had tones of corrosion, still no water out the pee hole, is there anything I can pour down the thermostat hole to free corrosion? or should I go another direction? please help.

Bifflefan

Commander
Re: No water out pee hole?

Ok you answered your own question...

Tons of corosion on the therm. Probably gonna assume the rest of the inside is the same way then. Maybe some of it is plugging the pee hole????

Run some kind of cleaner through it and then flush the crap out it. then probably replace the impeller again as some of it will likely ruin the new one. remove the pee hose and see if its plugged. clean as nessarry..

Divado7

Cadet

theres this stuff called fozz, any corrosion eater will work..i sprayed some in pee hole, then blew compressed air through it to get all the way in engine and let sit and do its job, then flush.

malardman

Cadet

I'll call around tomorrow and see if anybody sells Fozz, on the other reply I have stuck bailing wire up the pee hole, it only goes up about an inch, then bottoms out, there is no hose from the head to the pee hole, the pee hole comes directly out the bottom of the block. I was just curious if there was anything out there to try, that eats corossion, before I pull the head off. thanks

simplystressed

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'll call around tomorrow and see if anybody sells Fozz, on the other reply I have stuck bailing wire up the pee hole, it only goes up about an inch, then bottoms out, there is no hose from the head to the pee hole, the pee hole comes directly out the bottom of the block. I was just curious if there was anything out there to try, that eats corossion, before I pull the head off. thanks

I have the same setup on my DT15 on the block....get some garbage ties and peel the plastic off them.

Use the tiny wire to get up the hole...shoudl be able to get it all the way in.

Also, open the thermostat housing, and flush some water in there...and take an air compressor gun and shoot it up the pee hole...this fixed my issue give it a shot.