Suzuki DT40 '82 flywheel nut torque?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IchBins1

Recruit
Hi,

back again with a short question:

What is the correct tightening torque for the flywheel nut of an '82 Suzuki DT40?

Removing the flywheel was very (really!) hard. Went to a shop with special tools, but we had to heaten the nut before we could loosen it. Popping off the flywheel with the removal tool needed hard hits with a hammer, too. I assume someone in the past tightened it with a too high torque, so what is the correct one?

And: does it make sense to put a little bit grease on the cone of the flywheel connection, or is it better to leave it "dry"?

Thanks for your support,

Chris

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Suzuki DT40 '82 flywheel nut torque?

It is suppose to be hard to remove the flywheel hahahaha .... all you need is a crow bar, a 10 pound hammer and a puller, comes off quick quick .... I have done it so many times .... you can grease it a little, the torque value should be on the flywheel ....

ten_pin_nikki

Recruit
I have a 1983 Suzuki DT40 that I am converting to electric start. The flywheel nut seems to really be on there tight. Do you know what direction to remove the nut? I have never had this much trouble removing a flywheel.
Thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have a 1983 Suzuki DT40 that I am converting to electric start. The flywheel nut seems to really be on there tight. Do you know what direction to remove the nut? I have never had this much trouble removing a flywheel.
Thanks

No, but if you start a new thread which members look for instead of posting in a near decade old thread, you might get some answers.

But the visible threads above the nut should point the way.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.