2003 Yamaha 200 Saltwater Series OX66

dvs729

Recruit
I am looking at buying a Triton 220 lts with this motor on it. The seller indicates it has about 250 hrs on it. I am not that familiar with this motor, is it a good one? Anything I should watch out for?

Eshaw150

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 2003 Yamaha 200 Saltwater Series OX66

very good motor i have a suzuki but i have heard a lot of good things about this. I believe that they have more tourque because i see them alot on larger boats

dvs729

Recruit

Thanks, I too see them on large boats. I have not had the engine checked out but will do so. Everything I ready it seems to be a pretty solid engine. 250 hrs is not bad for a 2003 either.

wolff2767

Recruit

This motor is a work horse but is susceptible to minor problems.The low pressure fuel pumps as well as the o2 sensor are the common items that present trouble to this motor.I had a surging problem with mine and it turned out to be the high pressure fuel pump filter and the vst filter that were caked with debris. Again all maintenance items that should of be checked out.Have a compression test done on it and fuel pressure test ,should be around 35psi .Use Yamalube oil and its your call whether to use ring free to mix with gas.On my boat, the previous owner did not use it and when I started using it, is when my problems started.Other than that I cant complain starts right up and runs great.