Yamaha 20a 653 engine & wiring info

mstubb150

Recruit
Hi Guys can anyone help Iam trying to find any info on an engine ie spark gap, part numbers, service info etc

Ive just bought it, its a good runner, and looks as though its been looked after and serviced. I want to continue looking after it. My local dealers wont help as they say it's to old? I know the 653 denotes between 1972 & 1978.

The kill switch as been disconnected so their is no wires going to and from it. The wiring look pretty basic with and orange, black and grey or white cables coming from below the fly wheel. There are also two red wires not connected to anything.

Any help would be welcome Thanks Mark:confused:

ztz

Recruit
Re: Yamaha 20a 653 engine & wiring info

I also have a 653. Do you already have your wiring info. If not I can make some Photos.

andydev

Recruit

I also have a 653. Do you already have your wiring info. If not I can make some Photos.

hi i also have a 20a 653 can you please tell me if it is able to charge a battery when it is running as theare are 2 lead and not shore what thay are for thanks andy

ztz

Recruit

I also have the two leads. Dont know what they are used for. Does any one have a manual for this engine?

andydev

Recruit

hi update spoke to bill at higham mariane and he said yes it will charge a battery but had to by a regultor for it cost ?25 with p+p he also has manuals at ?26 hope this helps andy