suzuki df 200 rough running

Fogcutter

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 2005 df 200 with almost 1000 hours. Until the other day it has run perfect without a hitch. Towards the end of our last trip though, it started running rough at idle and I noticed some smoke coming out of the exhaust. It should be noted that no warning horns sounded at any time. When we got back to the dock, the engine was vibrating more than normal. We pulled the cowling and discovered that only the port side of the engine was running (even though there was spark on both sides). There was also a thin film of oil on and around the engine and oil inside the throttle bodies. Again, there were no warning lights/horns. Also, I did not notice a loss of power on the way home (20 miles) at cruise (4000 rpm).

Anybody got any ideas what could possibly cause this??? Computer maybe???

Fogcutter

Seaman Apprentice
Re: suzuki df 200 rough running

Hey Clanton...check out the post "so how could this be" It sais it all.

Thanks fo checking back

clanton

Rear Admiral

Warranty???? What do the plugs look like? Check engine oil level. How is engine running now?

clanton

Rear Admiral

I`m lost now, read the other thread. Where are you at now with the repair?

Fogcutter

Seaman Apprentice

just had a visit to the shop to get some things out of my boat. All of the filters have been changed and so have the two fuel pumps (low and high pressure). The oil looked contaminated, maybe by gas. Currently the techs are circulating the fuel through a seperating filter for an hour or two until all of the water is out of the gas....guess the injectors need a cleaning too..