suzuki dt150 dies when i throttle down

fish_sLAM

Cadet
the motor runs good if i get right on the throttle but it doesnt want to idle very well and if i throttle down after running it will die unless i idle it up??? any help is much appreciated. I did notice the kill swith under the key was real loose i tighten it up from inside the control box but havent got it back on the water. runs fine on the hose in gear and out of gear. thanks again.

fish_sLAM

Cadet
Re: suzuki dt150 dies when i throttle down

a little more info. i broke a connecter on one of the plug wires. the 90 degree elbow were it clips on to the plug. i wrapped it with tape to make the connection to the plug but i dont know if that could effect anything having the broken plug wire. any help!

fish_sLAM

Cadet

help!!!!!!!!!! i guess no one knows the answer. oh well ill keep researching.

hankll

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't know if I missed the year for your Suzi. Mine did that when I first got it going (87 DT150 SS) found out I had a bad coil on one cyl and it was missing under a load (on the water pushing the boat)yet not enough that I could tell by sound of it while on the muffs. Had to pull plug wires off while it was running. Use protection for doing this, its a good jolt of spark if it is firing. Once I replaced that coil, and adjusted carbs, my issues were gone. Idle for mine still isn't exactly "smooth", but it doesn't load up and die, especially after its warmed up. I've been told that these bigger 2 cycle motors are a bit like a car engine with a cam in it as far as the idle goes. I've accepted mine as it is, and it doesn't hesitate to throttle up when I put it to it. So as far as I'm concerned its good. Got to change to new spark plugs before it goes out this year. Adding Sea Foam to the gas tank (30 gal) and she should run like a Bat outta H*%@.

fish_sLAM

Cadet

hankll

hey thanks. ill check that out. do i just take one wire off at a time and see if it changes the idle??? the seafoam where can i get some of that??? thanks