2005 yamaha f75 belt noise

captjohnr

Recruit
I Have A 05 F75 Yamaha,it Only Has 60 Hrs On It . I Bought It
New In 06. It's On A 20ft Flat Skiff It Makes Belt Noise Just Like
A Drive Belt On A Car??? It,s A Of And On Thing Mostly At Low Idle
And Mid Range Again It Don't Do It All The Time. I Have Pulled The Cover And Inspected The Belt And There Is No Ware At All??

Thanks In Advance For Any Help!!!!!
John R

rusdad

Recruit
Re: 2005 yamaha f75 belt noise

The rubber gromet on top of the water pump can get dry sound exactly like a slipping belt.
If you drop the leg of and put some grease on the shaft under the gromet your noise may dissapear.

Motorlady

Recruit

Piece of cake, I had to sign up here just so I could respond to you. Remove the lower unit & your will see the drive shaft. Grease the drive shaft splines with special No. 630-AA or otherwise known at W2 grease. Usually comes in a yellow tube. We have had some of these engines & they were doing the same thing. Our Yamaha rep came in & suggested this as a repair & it worked well. Lack of lubrication. You will most likely fine your issue gone. If it still remains, then check it in with a certified Yamaha repair shop....you have other issues. Andrea

nieking

Cadet

I have the same issue with my 2005 Yam F75, but I can't get the lower unit removed. I have all bolts out including the one under the anode, but it won't drop more than an inch. Do I need to disconnect the shift selector shaft? If so, how? I am afraid to force the lower unit down as I could damage something.

Thank you for any help here.