Help needed yamaha tach wiring

akg3

Cadet
Hello i'm a new guy to the forums. I have a 07 yamaha 4 stroke 50hp(F50TLR) outboard and i bought a digital tach for it but can't for the life of me find/figure out where the 2 wiring harnesses go on the motor. The one harness i have has 4 wires on it,pink,grey,orange,black. The other harness has 2 wires one solid green & the other green w/red tracer. On my foreward /reverse control there are a bunch of wires hanging off of it & they are red,green,yellow,black and another bunch of double red,green & blueish purple. What do i have to do to get this all hooked up and running ???
THANKS for all help

Here's a few pics of what i have
These are off of the control box
conrtol wires.jpg
this is inside the engine but has 4 pink wires
pinkplugin.jpg
tach i have
tach.jpg

rubinjames

Cadet
Re: Help needed yamaha tach wiring

You either need to buy the repair manuel which has the eletrical schematic from Yamaha or get someone to copy the eletrical schematic for that motor.
Good luck with that.

JUSTINTIME

Captain

i think u need an adapter
rodbolt will know

WIRINGCOLORS.jpg

akg3

Cadet

I'm hoping rodbolt will see my post and help me get things hooked up.

akg3

Cadet

Rodbolt how about a little help with this? Please

akg3

Cadet

BB,
Thanks for the info it has helped a lot and i think i have found both the plugs on my engine but the colors don't match up with those of the harnesses i have. So do i plug the 4 wire harness into the plug on the engine with all pink wires?? how about the 2 wire harness?? I would just do it and see what happens but i don't want to fry the whole thing and then have to pay big time or junk the engine. Thanks again for any and all help.

yamamarinetech40

Petty Officer 1st Class

ok, '05 and newer use new gauge(they designate it as '90' series, old was 82 series...they look just alike, way to tell is by harness on back...book is at work will look in a.m....but if you did get the '04 or before gauge you can use "adapter harness which i think is full length replacement now....did you buy gauge from dealer, if so take to them and make SURE it is 90 series for your money, not old inventory.

akg3

Cadet

Thanks for the reply & here's some more info I bought the gauge on ebay and the blue tag attached to the gauge has a number 6Y5-2818R-32 printed on it so i'm guessing its tach #6Y5-8350-81-00. The 2 harness's came from my local dealer and they had part numbers 6R3-82553-50 & 6R3-82521-50 printed on the bags. I did install the tach and wired it to the pigtails that come out of the shifter control box, when i turn on the key the tach does light up and zero's out but the trim indicator light is all the way up and blinking. Guess one of the other harness's controls the trim indicator light. Thanks again for the help.

akg3

Cadet

now that i've posted part numbers anybody able to help me get this thing hooked up??

kervey

Recruit

could someone please help me configure the 6y5-8350t 82-00 digital tach wires out. I lost the scamatic drawing and my dealer will not help me out. Also I would like to know what the orange, black wires of the four pin connector (Or, BLK, gray and pink) on a Yamaha f115 engine go to. Its so confussing to figure out the high temp,tack and oil. I bought the yamaha/Mercury service and repair book and it confussed me even more.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

one engine at a time.
kervy start a new thread for a F115.
on the f50 you will need the adapter to adapt the 6y5 tach to the 07 motor.
make sure the dip switch setting is sw1 on sw 2 off and sw 3 on.