suzuki dt 75 ouboard bogs down when given throttle

Status
Not open for further replies.

forsyth

Recruit
hi my suzuki 1986 dt75 starts fine and idles good but when i give it throttle it goes a little faster but then just starts to bog down but i sprayed gas into the carbruators as it was going and it started to speed up so i was thinking its somthing to do with the fuel pump but i rebuilt it and its doing the same thing so if you c:)ould help me that would be great thanks :)

triumph190

Seaman
Re: suzuki dt 75 ouboard bogs down when given throttle

I hope you sprayed gas/oil mix and not just gas into the carbs. If that engine is running lean, not only is it not getting enough gas, but it's not getting enough oil. Spraying just gas in the carbs will delute what little oil it's getting, which will damage that engine. If you are going to spray anything in the carb use a 50:1 gas/oil mix.

As far as your problem goes, it could be a number of things. Gas tank my not be venting...could have a bad primer bulb...could have a fuel restriction somewhere...may be a link n sink issue.

Do you have a good flow of fuel from tank to motor?
Have you replaced the primer bulb?
When was the last time you had the carbs rebuilt?
Have you checked compression?
Have you checked or replaced fuel filter(s)?
Have you checked spark?
When was the last time you replaced spark plugs?

gsyfishy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sounds like a carb rebuild is in order, if your primer bulb is staying full, when you're running motor, try using the choke when its dying, if it revs up you are most likely looking at a carb rebuild.

jthines101

Recruit

Sorry to barge in but this is what my dt 90 is doing. Full throttle it just bogs along at less than half speed of normal. But when you crank the wheel hard left or right it jumps back up to par? Any suggestions on where to start?? I do have a repair manual on this, but it is all pretty greek to me, don't know where to look!
Thanks!!!

NUTS!

Recruit

I got the same problem, Mine also picks up when I put my fat son in law on the bow or trim it up. The problem comes and goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.