suzuki df6 4 stroke

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: suzuki df6 4 stroke

Your carburetor is gummed up, flychucker.

Anyone who tries to work on an outboard without a manual has a fool for a mechanic. Steelspike.

We are proud to be able to supplement a Manual, but we cannot replace it. Moderators and helpers here do not work for iboats or any Manual printer. We work for you, and without compensation.

flychucker

Cadet

better to keep your mouth shut and look a fool rather than opening it and removeing all doubt.....:rolleyes:typica:eek:l yanks no doubt

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have probably been messing with outboards a lot longer than you have been breathing, Flychucker. The other helpers here have probably been messing with outboards for several thousand years. Steelspike's statement is abundantly true.

A carb is not a carb. They differ in hundreds of ways, but when the jets or orifices are gummed up they all act the same. That is far as I can go on a DF6.

If you come here and ask for advice you would do very well to pay attention, rather than bitching that you didn't hear what you wanted to hear.

I agree that not everyone who posts on here is an idiot. In fact very, very few are idiots. Once in a while we get one. . .like um. . .nevermind.

James R

Commander

I suport the previous reply.
Please calm youself and take note of what you are told. Did you use a fuel preservative such as Stabil in your fuel? If you did not then you most definately have a blocked carb problem, The spraying of carb cleaner will only damage any plastic or rubber parts in the carb. Therefore carb cleaner is a no no. To clean the carb it must be removed and taken apart and soaked according t instructions in a carb cleaner solvent. This is available from Adv ance auto or others.
Hope this is of some help.