Wiring directions for Yamaha Speedometer

bgbird

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 2007 Yamaha F115 4 stroke. At a flea market recently, I packed up a Yamaha Speedometer. The guy selling said it came off a 2005 150 and he converted to command link.

There isn't any marking on the unit with the exception of 55B stamped in white ink on the back. There are yellow, red, blue, 2 blacks all with male pin connectors and a white with a female pin connector. There is also a tubing connector that the guy said went to the speedometer tube. Guy didn't have any idea how it was wired...

Can anyone supply wiring instructions - which color wires connect to what?

Re: Wiring directions for Yamaha Speedometer

it sounds like you have a standard MF speedometer. You can not "convert" anything to Command Link. Its either a Command link gauge, or its not. if you need a Command Link gauge, go and return it.

From the wiring colors you mention I am sure its a standard MF speedo. The red wire is constant 12v pos power. Black is negative, Yellow is key on power, blue is gauge light power and the white wire is for the fuel tank level sender. If you have a Yamaha key switch you can connect those wires to the key switch harness.

HC

bgbird

Seaman Apprentice

Guess that I didn't explain properly - the reason that other guy was getting rid of the speedo was that he upgraded the old speedo with a command link system

bgbird

Seaman Apprentice

another question - there are two black wires

I just bought a 1989 yamaha 90 and are looking at this type of speedometer. How does it get the speed? Does it still need the hose to the engine?

bgbird

Seaman Apprentice

My 115 has a connector hose in the wire bundle for the engine

TheFin

Seaman

Here is something about Yamaha meters and wiring instructions.

Last edited:

fish418

Recruit

Do you know what color the wire is coming out of the COMMAND LINK gauge and connects to the fuel sender?? solid pink or pink w black stripe
any help would be appreciated much