2004 225hp suzuki 4 stroke jumps up in reverse

Third and final year of warranty, tilt piston corroded and failed. It was replaced under warranty, and now motor jumps up when powered "hard" in reverse. Also noticed fluid leaking from reservoir (when I activated tilt up and down)when I picked up boat from dealer. Dealer tightened allen screws securing reservoir cap, and problem stopped.
What could be causing the engine to raise up in reverse??? o rings??

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2004 225hp suzuki 4 stroke jumps up in reverse

could be operator error.
powering hard in reverse with a 225 generates a tremendous up force that can overwhelm the shock piston in the tilt cylinder. most any V motor will raise if powered hard in reverse.
as far as the valving in the tilt cylinder and main valve body sees it just impacted something.
however there is a pressure test guage that can be installed to test various system pressures and its possible the springs for the shock piston were mixed up.
whatever it is fluid is being released from the top of the tilt piston. does the unit fall back to its starting point when power is reduced ?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

then I would suspect either operator error or the shock piston springs got mixed up.

Thanks rodbolt. Is it difficult to correct this. Also when I say backup hard, I'm not talking about gunning the engine. Boat never did this jumping prior to tilt piston being replaced.

Pulled boat two weeks ago and noticed tilt cyl. bushings were not reinstalled after warranty work. Problem solved! Thanx for input....