140 HP 2 stroke Suzuki starting and idle problems, not peeing

Surfwtw

Seaman Apprentice
I bought my 140 HP oil injected 2 stroke Suzuki just 2 months ago to replace a bad 120 HP Force. My old Force motor was not oil injected so I had to mix the fuel. When my old Force went bad I still had a full tank of mixed fuel in my internal gas tank. Before running this fuel through my Suzuki I asked several mechanics. They all told me the same thing. They said to run the mixed fuel through and the worst that could happen is that I would fowl the spark plugs. I did this and it ran good at times but it also smoked a lot and was bogging down a lot. I thought that this was just because there was too much oil and not enough fuel that was causing it to bog down and not run at 100%. I ran about 4 tanks and changed the spark plugs everytime I took it out. It continued to bog down and run very weak. Now the motor won't even run. When I turn it on it will just run for a second sometimes cough and then shut off. It also makes a high pitched squeek sound everytime it shuts off. Now to add to my problems, today I went to start changing fuel filters and try and figure out the problem and when I started the engine I noticed that it was peeing extremely weak and then stopped peeing altogether. So to sum it up. I have a motor that is turning over and running for a few seconds, then coughs and shuts off making a squeek sound and while running it doesn't pee. What is wrong???? I want to go fishing.

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 140 HP 2 stroke Suzuki starting and idle problems, not peeing

Your problem just might be the oil sensor unit. If you run a really concentrated amount of oil through it and then go to a smaller blend the unit will notice that and not let the engine run. On the starboard side of your engine just behind the control cables will be a small white circular object with a couple of wires running out of it - that is your sensor unit. I don't think they can be cleaned but they are $15.00 at your dealer. Usually it will just "gum" up the inside by using a varied amount or even different oils.
Pretty touchy gizmos. More than likely it's not peeing is because it can't run long enough to push the water through. If it was working before then it should still work, unless you pinched the tube by accident or it pulled away from the engine. I don't know if it can be disconnected to try and run your engine that way - I'm thinking not - but? I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will come along and get this fixed for you.

grid

Petty Officer 1st Class

The running problem is not a result of the 50:1 being run at the same time as the oil injection. I'm betting the farm that the 140 sat for a while before you bought it, and the insides of the carbs are green--from rotten fuel, not envy. That's also where the squeak is coming from: that's a "lean sneeze." As far as the visible discharge, Suzuki impellers last a pretty long time. When you get the engine running again (and the carbs balanced), pull the pee-hose off at the block. You'll probably have a strong stream. The culprit is generally a piece of sand in the fitting that goes through the cowl.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

I agree, do a carb rebuild, change the impeller if you can .... make sure your thermostat is working properly ....

kingkong

Recruit

Hi first thing can some one tell me how to post my own forums

but what i wanted to ask anybody was iv just bought a suzuki 55hp oil injected outboard boat and it was running fine for me!but i noticed the fuel connector connected to the outboard was leaking i have since replaced the fuel connector but with slightly larger diameter but identical connections!after replacing this part i have noticed that i struggled to start it!after several atempts it finally went!i gave it a good constant rev for about 2minutes until it randomly stopped on me!i then tryed starting it afew times sometimes 30minutes apart but it well not go?only trys but does not fully start up

can anybody give me some advice as before i replaced this part it was running fine!i do every thing the same pump up the fuel line etc
cheers