75hp Suzuki Throttle Cable Help

basswest1

Recruit
Recently one of the throttle cables on my boat broke at the connection in the throttle box. I have never worked on throttle cables before but it looks rather straight forward.

The boat is a small bass boat and is powered by a 75hp suzuki....im not sure of the age....around 1987.

My question is: I dont have alot of money because im a college student so i dont want to deal with a mechanic and pay for labor fees.......i just want to order new cables. Should i just go to a marina and place the order? What are some good things to ask? About how much are throttle cables? How do i make sure im ordering the right part?

Thanks guys, i just cant afford to pay an arm and a leg for this boat.......but i cant afford to be off the water either.

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: 75hp Suzuki Throttle Cable Help

It is pretty straight forward and easy to change, I replaced my 60hp suzuki's cables a long time ago so I'm trying to remember ..... but what I can suggest is, take your old cables off and take it with when buying the new ones, so they can make 100% sure they give you the correct cables ......