Suzuki DT 65 No fire just beeping noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

delkern

Recruit
Hi, I purchased a 1988 deck boat with a Suzuki DT 65 <br />outboard, the guy I bought it from said it ran when it was parked, not sure if he was telling the truth?<br />I put new fuel lines and fuel, cleaned and put new oil in the oil tank, cleaned all wire connections to the battery.<br />I went to start it and as soon as I hit the starter switch a beeping noise started, It cranks but there is no fire, there is a reset button on the side of the engine that says (low oil reset) I have tried that but with no help, there is a float in the oil tank that I pulled out and moved the slidding float up and down and the beeping would stop, but as soon as I cranked the engine the beeping would start, and still no fire, Is there a safety shut off on this engine. can anyone tell me where to start checking, This is my first Suzuki outboard, <br />Thank you.

bossee

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki DT 65 No fire just beeping noise

Hi,<br /><br />You must use the choke while cold starting the Suzuki DT65. Press the starting key in before and during you turn the key to start. When you press the key in the choke is activated. Also when it starts (hopefully) you can raise the lever upwards to raise the in neutral RPM until the outboard is warmed up and then you gradually lower the lever so it is back in it's place.<br /><br />I assume You have a NA12S remote control box, like this:<br /><br />
NA12S.jpg
<br /><br />If the outboard still does not start You probably have a fuel delivery problem. Check all way from tank (including inside tank and tank vent), fuel connectors, fuel line including fuel bulb, fuel filter, fuelpump (rubber diaphragm set) and carburators (clean or install carburator repair kit, floats must be OK and in correct height also).<br /><br />Is the fuel bulb hard and stay hard after You squezze it?<br />Is fuel reaching to the carburators?<br />Do You have bright strong spark on all spark plugs?<br />Do You use correct spark plugs? NGK B8HS-10 with gap 0.31-0.35 inch/0.9-1.0 millimeters?<br /><br />About the beep: seems defective oil level switch. Buy a new at for example brownspoint.com<br /><br />Here is the beeps for Oil and Overheat system:<br /><br /> Oil <br /><br /> Overheat<br /><br />I suggest You buy an Owners manual for Your DT65 1988, check brownspoint.com for example.<br />A Seloc repair manual could be good also to invest in, or the Suzuki Shop manual (brownspoint.com has that probably).

cuejodoggy

Recruit
Delkern - I know it's been ages but do you remember what the solution was? I have the same exact motor with the same exact problem thank you

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
He left the forum over a decade ago. Start a new thread to get answers from active members.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.