Suzuki 30HP powerhead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki 30HP powerhead

Guys,I'm new to this forum, so go easy on the new guy My uncle wants to give me almost brand new Suzuki 30HP year 1990 it was used maybe 50 hours and they messed up the engine.. He said if I can get a powerhead for it he will repair it and give it to me. I was wondering if you guy know where I can buy one and how much do they go for.Thanks for your help

Re: Suzuki 30HP powerhead

Howdy,. . .er. . .um. . .well, howdy.Welcome to iboats. Try here: http://www.boatmotors.com/motorparts/ Good luck.
    sigpic

Comment

or, if you're NOT a multi gazillionaire, try ebay or post a free ad at www.aomci.orgor try your local dealer to see if he has any parts motors lying around or try www.brownspoint.combut first , what do you mean"messed up the powerhead"??????

Comment

you say its "messed up" exactly what is messed up? is it siezed? is it clean with no corrosion? does it have good compression. let us know
        no tech questions by PM, they wont get answered.
        you have to be trusted by the people that you lie to .

Comment

Guys sorry about using "messed up" but I'm not sure what is wrong with it exactly. My uncle just told me that if I can get a powerhead for that motor he will put it in and motor is mine free. It would be great deal if I could get the powerhead for not too much money (few hundred bucks) Motor is almost new he said it was used for maybe 50 hours if that.P.S. i was looking on ebay nothing there at the moment I will also try to check out few marine shops around hereThanks

Comment

http://www.iboats.com/boats/marine--..._want_ads--108
            sigpic

Comment

dude why dont ya get a seloc or clymer manual. its not quite as easy as it sounds to just do a power head . if ya say it really fast its easy and cheap sounding. take my advice and stay away from ebay. so far I have had 4 motors in the shop that were purchased from ebay. all were junk even though they did in fact run.kinda. anyway get a manual and run some basic tests. see if the motor will still turn over. then check compression. then ask why is it messed up. if all that is wrong is a burned piston for less than 700 or so you can bore 3 holes,new pistons,rebuild the fuel systems and cooling system. take my advice though, do it all do it once or you will figt it and hate it for life.
              no tech questions by PM, they wont get answered.
              you have to be trusted by the people that you lie to .

Comment

Working...
              X