Yamaha 15 hp not spitting water.

It is not spitting water out the pee hole, or whatever you call it. I disconnected the hose where it comes out of the motor and I get water. This makes me beleive that the impeller is ok. Is there some kind of valve that the water goes thru before it comes out of the pee hole?

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Yamaha 15 hp not spitting water.

You need to clean out the hose. Dirt dobbers love to build in those hoses. A small wire or air are the easiest ways.

vinney

Chief Petty Officer

I wounder if the rest of the world has Dirt Dobbers like WE do?

I can get water out of the hose, the problem is I cannot figure out why it wont go thru the hose fitting on the bottom cowling. I have looked in the fitting best I can. Looks like a check valve or something down in there. I have fished at least 2 times per week since 2/04. I dont think its a dirt dobber thing. Thanks for the reply.

Ray, you were right. I finally got my head out my butt long enough to find the plug. Yep, it was a dirt dobber. I probably dont need to not drink that much beer next time I try to work on my motor. Thanks Paul.

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

Lived in the south for a long time. Dirt dobbers are a fact of life. They seem to love that peehole. Happy Fishing.

matt2002

Petty Officer 2nd Class

what is a dirt dobber

up here we call them mud dobbers.They are wasps that build their nests out of mud.They fill them with paralyzed but still living spiders that their young ones will eat when they hatch.:eek: