DT 150 - Fuel flow meter

craw

Cadet
I have a 1998 DT150 EFI Suzuki and I was wondering if a fuel flow meter was a possible add-on to the electronics of the unit? Can anyone shed any light on this for me?<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />craw

wtrojan

Seaman
Re: DT 150 - Fuel flow meter

Craw, I understand this is possible for your engine. The meter consists of fuel flow sensor and the main unit. Depending on the model, offers up to GPH readings, gallons total, tach, engine hour meter and even MPG (if you have proper GPS interface). Sweet! Have a look at www.floscan.com

craw

Cadet

thanks spearo. I had a look at the floscan gear and they look the goods but are a bit on the pricey side of things. I have done some other research and found Navman (NZ company) have a couple of ripper little stand-alone units for about AU$300. This compares better that the US$479 for the floscan unit. It appears as though they do the same job.<br /><br />craw

wtrojan

Seaman

Craw, that’s true, good option, I didn’t know those navman flow meters. Have you tried ebay, though? There are some floscans on auction now, several weeks ago there was a new unit of 7000 model (digital) with single gas sensor on auction, it’s price on internet is about 420US$ and it was gone for 255US$! Almost got it :( … I understand the additional shipping from US can be the matter (as in my case) but you can have a look.<br />I can see a navman 2100 gauge on the net for 159US$. They are also three of them on ebay, should go cheaper than this, so you may want to have a look. Found the navman 3100 model in some store for 275US$, as well. So, this option looks very interesting to me too, please let me know when you get one! Good luck!

craw

Cadet

Spearo,<br /><br />Outback marine (www.outbackmarine.com.au) have the Navman Fuel 2100 on special for AU$285. These have been the cheapest I have found so far. I will most likely go this way.<br /><br />craw

wtrojan

Seaman

Thanks Craw. I have done some investigation on navman fuel gauges and this really looks to be a nice and more affordable option. The price you get would be about US$160, if the AUS$-US$ rate did not change too much from the number I have. This is close enough to the cheapest I’ve found too. So thanks again and good luck!

scottoz

Seaman

I have a Navman in my boat. They are fantastic. They use a small turbine transducer which contains and infra red beam that counts the revolutions. It uses 3/8th fittings. Here they are about $270 OZ. The head unit is very easy to use and read and is red backlit so as not to disturn night vision. It shows instant litres/gallons per hour, fuel used on a trip, total fuel used and fuel remaining in tank. It has an internal memory which keeps records when powered off. The instant fuel flow reading is fantastic - saves you money.<br /><br />The service on them is very good also - I had a fish finder of the same brand. They were owned by Talon Technologies, but I think Ratheon or someone has bought into (out) them.<br /><br />Cheers