Suzuki 75hp lower unit

hc8388

Recruit
I have a DT 75 Suzuki two cycle 1996 which I am trying to change the water pump impeller. <br />My concern is the clutch shaft disconnect. Is it the nut just behind the gas inlet valve the nut that<br />must be removed to allow the lower unit to drop? What happens when I removed the nut? Will the pin push out? Once the nut is removed do you simply push<br />screw shaft to release? How do you reassemble the nut to the shaft? It looks like there is little<br />to no room to get to the nut/screw holding the clutch shaft just behind the inlet gas valve fitting.<br /> :confused: :confused:

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki 75hp lower unit

Remove the rubber plug on the starboard side of the lower engine cover. Loosen the nut almost all the way and push the shaft in and the pin will release from the clutch rod.

Slmartin

Recruit

I founf this posting dated 7/11/2002 where the guy had a problem getting the pin out on the lower unit on an '87 Suzuki and my problem is how to get it back together. We can't get the shifting rod down to reinsert the spring pin

We pulled the shifter rod out of the lower unit (problem was similar to this one posted back in 2002) This one is a Suzuki 75 hp 1986 So.............. NOW.....How do we get it back together?
In the lower unit the spring pin will not let the shifter rod drop in place. Please help!!!!

Slmartin

Recruit

Thanks...we did try this and it still won't let the spring pin fit down in. What is the next move? :)>