Tach on 87 Suzi DT75

Ellis340

Recruit
Hey im new to this forum. I have been reading now for a while. I have saw lots of good advise on how to fix outboards. <br />I have a problem. My suzuki tach stoped working. I put in a new tach, but i found that it's not the tach thats bad. Funny thing though, after the motor is worm,and you turn the motor off, the tach will start<br />to work on the restart. I have done some looking and i have put an ohm meter on the signal wire to check for a break in the wire from the tach to the plug on the side of the motor before it gets to the CD box. The line checks ok. No shorts. The battery is new and it is charging fine. @ WOT it is charging at <br />almost 15vdc. Before the tach stopped working the suzi was turning at 5500 RPM @WOT. Any help on what to check and how to check it, I will owe you big. I dont want to blow this motor. It runs too good.<br /> Thanks; Mark Young ;)

Ellis340

Recruit
Re: Tach on 87 Suzi DT75

Never Mind. I found the problem. Bad Signal wire. THe wire was almost broken all together<br />in the wireing harnes. Ran new wire. Problem <br />solved! :)