Yamaha 703 remote control buzzer problem

Nicky Holland

Recruit
Hi Everyone, I have a 95 Yamaha 40 on a 1973 13 ft Boston Whaler sport. I have had a problem from time to time with the buzzer on the remote control. Is there anyone out there that can provide me with some trouble shouting help. I have nothing wrong with the water pump the engine runs fine. At startup the buzzer starts. I can take apart the contoler and un-plug the hot(red) wire while the moter is running and reconntect and the buzzer stops and I am off for the day. When the moter cools and I try to start again the buzzer start again. Is it time for a new controler? Thanks in advance for your help :eek: :confused:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Yamaha 703 remote control buzzer problem

Is it oil or water? I gather it is water temp alarm.<br />I think it's time to have the sending unit checked. The sending unit acts like a switch when it gets hot,shorting it's one lead to engine ground. When it does this,it completes the circuit,and the alarm goes off.

Nicky Holland

Recruit
Re: Yamaha 703 remote control buzzer problem

Thanks 12Footer for your reply. I was thinking along thouse same lines. I will check back and let you know what I find out. I am planning to "attack" it this weekend. Thanks again.