Name that Yahama ?

RMS52

Recruit
I bought a Yamaha 2 cyl. minus the cover at a garage sal for $50. Runs great. Serial # looks like L59175. What year & H.P. Need info to order parts. Any suggestions where to find parts. I think it may be a 28hp longshaft. Would appreciate any help.

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Name that Yahama ?

Get all numbers on engine tag & post them... you are missing something. Once posted I will try & help.<br /><br /> :confused:

RMS52

Recruit

Is the serial number located underneath powerhead near the mounting bracket? Is there one located on the block anywhere? Thanks.

RMS52

Recruit

Upon further review... I feel stupid. Underneatha coat of camo paint, (put there by a duck hunter no doubt), there is a name plate which says Mariner 28E 664 L 59175. This motor is made in Japan and is loaded with Yamaha logos on many of the parts inside. I now know why I couldn't any listing for a 28 hp Yamaha. Thank you for your time and effort.

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We are here to help you & if we can give you information that assists you on your quest to ID your engine... We are happy do it!!!<br /><br />I have learned a lot about OB's just from this board, Heck I didn't know that "Mariner" was made by "Yamaha" until a few years ago!!!<br /><br />I have an old saying, "if you don't learn something new each day... YOU ARE NOT LIVING!!!<br /><br />Good luck & it sounds like you got a heck of a buy... Let us know when you get it running!<br /><br /> :)

RMS52

Recruit

Thanks for offer to help. I would appreciate a guess as to the model year of my Mariner. The correct serial is 664 L 59175. GREATLY appreciated.