Vote for a motor,Yamaha or Evenrude

Lucas Prijic

Recruit
I'm getting a fishing boat,a 17 ft Lund. My motor options are:<br /><br />(1) 2002 Yamaha,80 H.P. ,4-stroke, Not fuel injected.<br />(2) 2001 Evenrude(manufactured by Suzuki),70H.P.,4-stroke, with electronic fuel injection.<br /><br />Both are new engines with full warranty. Please vote for one &/or give me some input, Thanks!

Trent

Captain
Re: Vote for a motor,Yamaha or Evenrude

No question!! Yamaha

ehenry

Commander

Yamaha...wouldn't even consider anything related to Suzuki after what I've read here.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Howdy, Lunker.<br /><br />I actually have a Suzuki DF70, unlike most of those gossips who are so quick to bash them. Ask someone besides Steelie who actually has the engine.<br /><br />It is a wonderful engine, light-years ahead of any other 70 on the planet. I have had excellent service from my dealer and from Suzuki. Bombardier's Johnson and Evinrude dealers also offer service on this engine.<br /><br />It is lighter than the Yammy, and it is EFI.<br /><br />The Yammy is a fine engine, but it is a detuned, carbed 100. EFI is the way to go. If you are afraid of the Suzi/Johnson/Evinrude look at the Merc EFI 60.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

Waco

Petty Officer 2nd Class

whichever dealer has the best service.....go with that one.