1995 Renken Seamaster w/ yamaha i/o engine

phil3

Cadet
Anyone out there who has this boat or engine please reply I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br />Thanks phil3

phil3

Cadet
Re: 1995 Renken Seamaster w/ yamaha i/o engine

We are desperate even boat doctor doen't have a manual for this engine. Thanks anyway<br />Phil

Walter

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well, I don't know if it will help but I just e-mailed Trailer Boats and asked if they had any info to offer you. I'll let you know what, if anything, they have to say. Walt

page62

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Try placing a post about your predicament in the boatdoctor forums. There's a lot of mechs from all around the country that lurk there...<br /><br />By the way, I thought the Volvo I/O I just purchased was obscure (heck, the darn thing was made in Sweden, engine and all!) But apparently, unlike Yamaha, they stand behind their discontinued products!

phil3

Cadet

Walter: Thank you for your efforts I hope you receive some info for me. I have tried everything now incl. boat doctor, ask jeeves<br />and on & on. Thanks<br />Phil

Walter

Phil...I received a reply from the boat tech. folks from Trailer Boats. <br /><br />If you'd like, email me and I'll forward their response on to you. My addy is listed with my profile info.<br /><br />Walt

Walter

Hmmm...I just looked at my profile...my email addy ain't there. Oh my...I just remembered I asked for it not to be posted. Oh well... like it's been stated...YOU ARE A DESPARATE FELLOW!! <br /><br />salingwa@hotmail.com<br /><br />Walt

phil3

Cadet

Thanks for your reply we will try boatered.com<br />Phil

page62

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey! Share your info with the rest of us. I'm extremely curious to find out more about these mysterious Yammie sterndrives...

phil3

Cadet

Hi Page 62<br />What would you like to know?? We have had so much trouble with the stern drive engine and the Yamaha co. itself.Yamaha decided to discontinue making stern drives several years ago and then left all the people hanging for the parts and the availibility of marine service com****** to repair them. When asked they all say "they won't touch a yamaha stern drive with a ten foot pole"<br />Our 1994 doesn't shift to change gears, had<br />cableschanged at the beginning, had unit serviced and now Yamaha & service co's say"Oh Well"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't even think of a company that decides to discontinue engines and leave you hanging!!!<br />Phil

clanton

Rear Admiral

Yamaha has done this before( 750 cc motorcycle,) make a piece of junk and drop it from production,