Outboard 4-Stroke

duckdog

Recruit
I'm looking to buy a 50hp 4-Stroke outboard.<br />Looking for recomedation and best price.<br /><br />Honda,Suzuki,Yamaha,Mecury,etc..

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Outboard 4-Stroke

Howdy, Duckdog. The Suzuki DF50 is computer managed EFI. It is also sold as an Evinrude. It's a full generation ahead of the others in technology. Their reliability and performance is awesome, but dealers are not on every corner. Yamaha and Merc are good carbureted engines and have good parts/service rep; The Honda is a good carb. engine but has a suspect rep for parts and service.<br /><br />When I wanted a 70 to 100hp 4 stroke I did lots of research and went on a lot of demo rides. I bought the Suzi DF70 EFI. I would have preferred to buy it from Evinrude to get the dealer network, but the 'Rude dealers couldn't get one and wanted about a grand more money. They might be able to do better with the 50.<br /><br />If I were in the market for a 4 stroke 50 the Suzi/Evinrude EFI would be my first choice by a wide margin and I would try to get it from a 'Rude dealer.<br /><br />Have fun shopping.<br />JB
smile.gif