fogging oil

master chief

Cadet
I just happened to be looking @ my owners manual,which says to fog engine everytime I flush .I have a 50 yamaha on an alum bassboat.rig is a 2000 mod.That,s seems a bit much.My question is, is there a universal oil for this,or do you have to use thier oil.Anyone have a clue?

Yepblaze

Lieutenant Commander
Re: fogging oil

"everytime I flush"<br /><br />Don't forget to wipe. I just couldn't help myself.

ODDD1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

An dont use the hand you eat with.....

markcv4

Cadet

Cheif<br /><br />I will tell you something we do. I have a Mercury, my brother and my dad have Yamaha.<br />We all have our motors on bass boats. If have to buy a new motor it will probley be a Yamaha.<br />My brother fogs and uses engine tuner when he puts his boat away in the fall. We live in Maine. My dad does the same thing with his motor too. They both run Yamaha lube. Theres are oil enjected. If you question is should I ues Yamaha lube, well they do. Only because you do not use alot of enjection oil if you think about it. Twenty dolars more a summer is about all it will cost you compared to using anything else. They have both owned two Yamahas. 40hp,70,hp 70hp and a 90hp. No problems with any. The reason for owning two. They upgraded in hp. But did not have any mechinical problems<br /><br />markcv