Someone please! help me 96Yamaha 85

wesal1

Seaman
No one seems to want to help with the replacment of the impeller. From what i have heard it is a easy job, but I would like to do it without waiting for the yamaha service maunual to get here (eta 5 days)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Someone please! help me 96Yamaha 85

I sympathize...this will be a great weekend to be on the water. I haven't done a Yammy, but it is a pretty generic job. The main differences have to do with whether or not you need to disconnect the shift linkage. Impeller 101: Remove lower end, which will provide access to the water pump. Remove impeller, paying exact attention to the manner in which it is secured to the driveshaft, and THE DIRECTION IN WHICH THE ARMS OF THE IMPELLER ARE CURLED. Put the new one in exactly as the old one was. Reassemble. Done.<br /><br />If these directions confuse you, wait for the manual.<br /><br />Good luck.<br />JB
smile.gif

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Someone please! help me 96Yamaha 85

I was also waiting to see if we had a yammy wrench among us, but i guess not (if it aint broke,can't fix it)...They are great motors.<br />But JB gave you the best generic advise.<br />Procede with care, and you should be ok.