Yamaha 90hp ???

tyler

Cadet
Hello all:<br />i have just bought a Boston Whaler with a Yamaha 90HP, runs great but i want to keep it that way and would like to get a service / repair manual for it. the previous owner had no info on moter or year the only numbers i have are what i pulled off the engine itself.. If anyone can help me identify the model of engine and year i would be very grateful. here are the numbers i have found:<br />90etch<br />461823<br />6h1<br />any help would be great...<br />Thanks in advance :confused: null

Re: Yamaha 90hp ???

Engine year,make and model should be listed on your registration or title for the Yamaha engine....Seloc sells good outboard engine manuals for Yamahas and other outboards after you find out what year it is.

tyler

Cadet

Thank you, however i do not have those files yet as the previous owner has to have new copies made... is there any way to tell buy the numbers i gave???

araiha

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Look on the model sticker. Also has serial<br /><br />Will look something like:<br /><br />YAMAHA P200TLRW<br /><br />6H1 L 501933<br /><br />Breakdown as follows:<br /><br />W is model year (in this ex 1998)<br /><br />V=1997 <br />U=1996<br /><br />etc