Yamaha 200 ETXN Carb Draining Gas

Jprevat

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey Yall,

I have a 200 ETXN that was gifted to me that I am finally getting on my 74 Mako 20. I cleaned out the carbs, new NGK plugs, replaced the fuel lines, and deleted the oil pump (it wasnt complete) in favor of premix.

My new problem is that when I pump the bulb it wont hold pressure because the middle carb begins to drain immediately from the starboard front facing brass fitting. I am not sure how to proceed so I thought I would ask the people who know much more than I do.

I have highlighted the fitting in question in the picture below. Thank yall ahead of time for any help. 200 Carb.JPG

Attachments

• 200 Carb.JPG
    200 Carb.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 200 Carb.JPG
    200 Carb.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 0

Jprevat

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just realized I didnt include some of the vital information. It is a 1986 2-stroke 200. I think I must have some trash in the carb so the needle isnt seating correctly and is causing the overflow. Am I on the right track?

Jprevat

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just to update the thread and see if I can get some guidance.

I have since pulled, cleaned, and rebuilt the carbs. The engine still refused to run without me manually spraying gas through the carbs.

So I pulled my fuel pumps and found one had a broken spring inside. I decided instead of rebuilding fuel pumps i would pick up two brand new ones with gaskets. Installed them today and absolutely nothing changed.

My starter is dragging some with a fully charged brand new battery and I'm sure it needs to be replaced. Could that be my problem?

I redid every fuel line, am using fresh gas in a 6 gal tank, bypassed the fuel connector, checked all coils by ohm and all passed.

I am at a loss.

w2much

Lieutenant
The starter needs to turn fast enough to produce spark and induction at the manifold. Induction is needed to create the venturi which sucks in fuel to the cylinders. this will do no good if the engine is not producing spark. So yes, this could be your issue. or at least one of them. Get that starter spinning.

w2much

Lieutenant
One more thing I have to share. I rebuilt my carbs on my Yamaha 130 recently. After the rebuild it started right up and ran great in the barrel for a 1/2 hour . I kept the hose running so that it would not overheat. I shut it down and the next day when I primed it fuel ran out of the same orifices as your. Just poured out. I knew I would need to take that carb off because the float was sticking. When I opened up the carb I saw that the cheap Chinese carb kit gaskets had wrinkled. Did you use Yamaha or at at least Sierra brand rebuild kits ? The unbranded ones from China are made of some garbage type of rubber which are not resistant to fuel. They fail, they suck, dont use them. I bought three new OEM kits and redid all three carbs.

Jprevat

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am planning on replacing the starter for piece of mind anyway but with that information I will go ahead and make that happen. When I did my rebuild I went back in with NIB Yamaha kit and it seems that I have stopped the leak and the bulb now holds prime. Thank you for your reply and your thoughts on my predicament.