Yamaha 130hp won't start ... spark plugs dry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 130hp won't start ... spark plugs dry

1993 Yamaha 130hp 2-stroke 130TLRR. Ran fine in the morning, then wouldn't start in the evening. Has spark. The plugs are dry...even after choking her while turning her over. could it be the fuel pump? will an outboard still fire/run even with a bad fuel pump? if not only for a few seconds?

If you operate the manual pump to fill the carburetors it should run for a while.----Checked operation of choke solenoid ?
    Last edited by racerone; June 23rd, 2020, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Ya, and it even has a manual choke lever. tried that also.

Comment

Did a cold compression test...130-125psi in each cylinder. Tested the gas in another motor. Ran good. Sprayed some 50/1 oil gas into each carb. Closed the manual choke and she fired right up! I'm happy she's running again but what caused this? and if it happens again?

Comment

what's the condition of the primer bulb? Pump it up, start the motor if it runs then starts to die keep pumping the bulb and see if it keeps running.

Comment

I squeeze the primer bulb till its hard...and the motor still won't firer unless I spray fuel in the carbs. Once she's running and warmed up a bit, I can turn her off and restart like normal.

Comment

Working...
            X