Yamaha 695 flywheel identity and general 689 spares

mattrosersv

Recruit
I have a couple of old outboards that I am playing with.... Hopefully someone with some knowledge can help as there is not much out there on tinterweb

First Motor:

I have a 695 DE 25HP serial number 550940 bought cheap as a non runner. It was quote easily made into a runner, but frustratingly the flywheel is bent in the vertical plane -shows marks where a previous idiot has tried to lever it off - flywheel bolt was loose when I bought it....

This ignition for this outboard is points driven off the (obviously not round) centre of the flywheel. All I can find online for this outboard (which is not much) is that they are CDI. I cannot find a reference for this model running points.

I just like fixing stuff so am trying to find a replacement flywheel but all the ones I can find for 695 model are marked F280 CDI. Mine is F280P 80W then underneath 909 N.

I am based in the UK and the closest I can find locally is supposedly from a 25B outboard F280P 80W but the rest is painted so I can't make out the other markings. There is also one from a 15hp which is designated F280 P 80W then underneath 103.

Does anyone know what the flywheel markings represent and what is interchangeable with other motors?

SECOND Motor:

Is a 689 Yamaha autolube which clearly did not autolube and seized. I have pulled it to bits to rebuild - needs new main bearings, conrods, pistons, gaskets etc. Buying from UK dealers it is prob not worth the expense. Could you point me at a good supplier - Yamaha direct is crazy money.

Other option is a used power head but concerned about buying a PoS online.

Interestingly and as an aside eBay adverts indicate a lot of parts being interchangeable between 695 and 689. Certainly in the case of the flywheel this is not correct as the diameter of the crankshaft where it interfaces with the flywheel is smaller on the 695.

Any guidance will be much appreciated as I can't find anything online - google not my friend ..

Prophammer

Chief Petty Officer
does your flywheel look like this?

Attachments

• photo325803.jpg
    photo325803.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 0