yamaha 130tlrs carburetor

Nws024

Cadet
6L1 L 307065

This is my friends yamaha. i helped him clean the carb. he wanted to adjust it. He looked up info, but we had it wrong. Now gas floods out of breather. I would like to know proper procedures and measurement to adjust these carbs.

one last point, one thing i dont understand or like, when we fire up and get going the gas empties out of filter and never catches back up. dip tube on tank, water knock out and inline filter all replaced. gas tank diptube was cleaned.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
How were the carbs cleaned? Gas spewing is often a float adjustment or bad seat/needle.

The air bubble in the filter is normal cuz it's on the vacuum side, not the pressure side.

Nws024

Cadet
i agree, it is the float, we adjusted it incorrectly. we dipped and sprayed the carb clean. I am hoping to find correct adjustment and procedure for this carb. as for the filter, it empties completely. I thought that was odd.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
With the empty filter, does the motor still run?

Dipped and sprayed the carb clean? Any disassembly before dipping?

Nws024

Cadet
yes, it still ran. we took the bowls off, took out floats, dipped, sprayed every orifice. found some gunk, not much. when we reassembled we adjusted floats. that was where we messed up, he had wrong number, 16mm, i checked with float upside down. i want to get it right this time. It was at 19mm where i measured, front edge of float while upside down. i want to find out where and how to measure, and the number

Nws024

Cadet
I wanted to bump this again. we are going to work on it again saturday. we are going to pay to get access to the manual, but any experience or knowledge about adjusting this carburetor would be appreciated. we want to go fishing this weekend.

again thanks