Anti-Siphon valve 30 in. ----what does 30 in mean

alldodge

Staff member
I think I found the correct answer ,,, now I feel really bad because it came from another forum ,,,,,The correct answer is:

88fas014-6

Thanks for looking it up, which paragraph in the spec is this listed?

Prophammer

Chief Petty Officer
The correct answer is:

For the 30" label/spec of an ASV, that is the maximum height of the fuel level in the tank to the lowest part of the fuel system and is usually referenced as the "head". In other words, the valve will seal against a leak up to 30 inches below the top of the fuel level.

I now know this correct because West Marine gives this spec, last paragraph of their; fuel barb, P/H anti-siphon 1/4NPT,

the spec quoted corresponds to West Marines spec:

Specifications
  • Hose: 3/8"
  • Thread Size: 1/4" NPT
  • Head: 30"

Prophammer

Chief Petty Officer
I understand it as this;

West Marine anti-siphon model # 13854898
Specifications
  • Hose: 3/8"
  • Thread Size: 1/4" NPT
  • Head: 30"
30" Head = the top level of the tank measured to the lowest part of the fuel in the tank is referenced as the "head"

My pick-up tube is 22 inches so I think I'm in the clear

alldodge

Staff member
I understand what you typed

I'm asking where is it written in the spec?

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
A whole lot of words for a part that is not required to be used on any outboard motor powered boat. Or which may not be needed on a lot of inboard powered boats.

Prophammer

Chief Petty Officer
My fuel line dips below the lowest level of the fuel tank before rising up to the engine inlet (it actually goes through a spin-on filter first, then to the engine) so,, because of this I'm supposed to have an anti-siphon device, this discussion is getting fun , thanks guys

alldodge

Staff member
So we all been flapping our gums stating our opinions. There is no written word/spec to the 30 in, just more opinions.

Agree, its getting funny, but in a sad way for those looking for documentation

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It's time for Prop to stick the darn thing in his tank. Knowing specs in and out or what a stamped 30 means won't make it work any better. :facepalm:

Prophammer

Chief Petty Officer
Prop just doesn't want to have to call Tow Boat is all , or worse yet have the Coast Guard out looking for me, but I do agree, its time to use the dang thing and quit hearing everything there is to know about the specs of 30 in, I only wish Attwood themselves would have entered this thread and put the specs to rest, as always, thanks for all replies !

Prophammer

Chief Petty Officer
I've got it on there and I'm gong to try it when the weather is a little better out on the water, I hope something doesn't bring 30 to mind while I'm out there