Not Peeing While Flushing - Engine at IDLE

Toatts

Cadet
Just replaced my fuel water filter and wanted to run it to make sure it was good for this week. I put the ear muff cups over the intake as always. I got the same result as water pressure as I always get. Water comes out of all the holes in the lower unit but does not come out of the pee hole. I started the engine and noticed I still was not getting anything coming out of the pee hole. Normally at this point I get a dribble or a sputtering flow. I did not notice any difference in the water pressure coming out of the hose.

What should I do to test/fix it? And did I do any damage to my engine? I ran it for about 2 minutes the first time. Shut it off. Then started it again and ran for 30 seconds and shut it off.

I'm a new boater so I'm a bit hypersensitive to anything that is different than I'm used to.

Engine 2005 Yamaha F200

Thanks for all the help.

rejesterd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I doubt you did any damage in 2 minutes, so I wouldn't worry about it. But it shouldn't take much more than 30 seconds, so I would guess you just need different muffs. If you have rectangular-shaped muffs, get some round ones and try those (or vice versa). I have 2 pairs of muffs, because the first set I bought doesn't seal enough to get the water cooling system fully primed.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
good to hear you solved the no tell tail problem.

I keep a few pieces of that line on my boat to shove up the TT if I notice it not spewing water while out in the boat. (Tool box, tackle box, etc)
I worry too much to keep running the motor with no sign of water flow.

compressed air works well also