Yam 150XB Flush Port

WhiteRice

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So I finally graduated from an Evinrude to my current Yamaha on my new Tidewater. I keep the boat at a dry stack marina and one of their services is flushing the motor with Salt Away before they put it away for the day.
Well, the last time I went out (still haven't hit 20 hours on the motor yet) we ran around the bay for a couple of hours and when we came back I saw that the flush port was still disconnected! The marina guys forgot to reconnect it from the last outing when they flushed it. Now I know... I know... this is part on me for not checking before I pulled away from dock but I am still learning the ins and outs of this new boat. I brought it to their attention and they admitted to the fact that they may have forgotten to hook it back up from last time.
Now some specifics about that particular day. I never got any overheat alarm (or any alarm) at any time. I have a jack-plate and whenever I have it all the way up, I turn around to make sure I am still getting a pee stream (which I was every time I looked). I typically fish the bay so whenever I get to a spot, I shut off the motor so it never idled stationary for more than a minute or so. So my question is: Should I be concerned? The manual really doesn't mention this scenario apart from not running the motor when it being flushed on the flush-port.

BaileysBoat

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Don't worry about it. I did the same thing a while back----no harm done. Yamaha has a high volume water pump, and enough flow to compensate.