2006 Yahmaha 50 TLR model 6H5KL-1008850

jlscjs

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I was on the water running about 3'4 throttle when all of a sudden I get this bad vibration in the motor and the speed dropped. Stopped & checked prop nothing tangled in it. Started back up and will idle to about 1500-200 rpm then the vibrating starts again. Got it back to the dock put one new plug ( all I had) and 2 older ones but still the same. I checked the prop and turned it by hand but it did not look like it was bent or wobbling. Idles fine until you give it some throttle then the motor wants to jerk back and forth, slow it down and it's good and this is with it in neutral . I haven't tried starting it since I got it back in to the dock. HELP PLEASE!

rejesterd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi.

So if you throttle up in neutral, you get the bad vibration? If so, the prop isn't related.

Confirm good spark in each wire with a spark tester. It's a cheap kit you can buy at any auto parts store.

If you confirm good spark, try again with all new spark plugs. If it still occurs after that, replace the fuel filter. If it still occurs after that, inspect the diaphragm on the fuel pump for holes/rips. If you find none, then check compression in all cylinders to see if there's some internal damage.