One more trim/tilt problem

NBE

Petty Officer 1st Class
Wouldn't you know it! Here is a holiday with plans to be on the water and uninvited gremlins crashed the party.

Motor is a 2000 VX150TLRY.

When putting the boat on the trailer yesterday, I noticed that the motor was very slow when tilting up. The next thing that caught my attention was the tilt/trim motor was about half as loud as it usually is. Y'all know that there is a fairly loud whine when running the tilt/trim system. Now it's significantly less than it used to be.

After getting home I started to troubleshoot. The outboard motor will only raise up about 5 inches and will not lower using the trim system. I have to use the release screw to lower it. I'm not able to raise the outboard enough at this time to get to the system but I can see that there are no noticeable leaks. I checked the fluid back at the end of May. Level was good and the system has been working fine since.

Checked voltage at the relay and it's around 13 volts. Appears that the trim motor is getting good voltage but the motor is sounding, for a lack of a better word, weak.

Could trim motor be going bad or possibly the pump?

Any tips and comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brad

NBE

Petty Officer 1st Class
I managed to get the motor raised all of the way up and did a visual inspection.

No external leaks.
System has a lot of pressure.
Fluid level is full.
Trim rams work somewhat but a little slow and weak.
Tilt ram not working/raising at all.
Motor sounds weak and not as loud as it normally is.

That's as far as I have gotten so far.

Still can use some help.

Thanks!

NBE

Petty Officer 1st Class
Not meaning to offend anyone but this site sure has gone down in the last few years or so. Back in the day, you could submit a question or problem in a forum and within an hour or so you'd have several people comment trying to help you solve your problem.

It's been a little over a week now and not one person even attempting to help. I guess most of the old timers that were here have moved on, passed on or just got ran off. It's a shame because this used to be the most helpful site around, one that stood head and shoulders above the rest. This was the place to be and the place to get lots of help. Seems not so much anymore.