Tilt and trim issue

Slow Ride

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a pair of 1999 Yamaha OX66 200hp outboards. One of them (starboard) will not tilt down. The buttons on the throttle and binnacle will raise the motor but will not let it go down. Here's the rub. The button on the side of the cowling for that motor works in both directions and the port motor works just fine! I've ordered the new relay just in case, but I'm not sure that's going to fix the issue. Are there any other components between the helm station and the relay that I'm missing? Other than that, all I can think of is faulty wiring somewhere in between. FYI, new helm last year when installed autopilot. All new wiring. It worked 2 weeks ago when I put it in storage?

scoflaw

Ensign
The 2 switches and the trim motor all connect to the relay, so your relay is working. Switch on the binnacle or a bad wire from it.

Slow Ride

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks Scoflaw!

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I just need to hear it from someone else before I go chasing 20 feet of wiring through that old hull. I was hoping there was another relay or something of that nature somewhere. It has to be in the wiring. I believe the switches are good because both the ones at the helm have the same issue. Time to pull some wires I guess..... Augh!