No power to motor or trim F70LA

Toodles

Recruit
I have a 2013 Sweetwater pontoon that has a Yamaha F70LA motor with a 704 remote control. Every fall I pull the battery and store it in my basement hooked up to a battery maintainer. Last weekend I installed the battery back in the pontoon. I turned the key to start the motor and nothing. The trim switches on the remote and at the motor also do not work. Other accessory items on the pontoon work as normal. Battery voltage is 12.7 and does not drop when the key is turned. The (3) fuses (under yellow, black and green covers) in the motor inspect good. I do not see any obvious connections that are loose under the captain console or in the motor. The engine cavity is super clean and dry. The kill switch is positioned out with the lanyard as normal. The remote control lever is in starting position. Battery connections are tight and I retried the connection multiple times. Does anyone have an idea of what is causing this issue? Does anyone have a wiring schematic for this motor?

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Wiring diagram is in the back of the service manual for the motor.

What you are describing is typical of a blown fuse.

robert graham

Admiral
Maybe you hooked the terminals up backwards and blew that 20 amp in- line fuse under the cowl?.... Check that fuse...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Before getting too involved here, you stated the three fuses "inspect good". Does that mean you actually removed them and tested them, OR merely looked to see if they looked blown. If you didn't check them, there are two possibilities. First they could have corroded terminals that are not flowing any voltage/current. Secondly, sometimes a blown fuse appears to be okay until you actually test it. So do that first and then work on all the other terminals if they TEST good. JMHO