2004 Yamaha HPDI 250 troubles

Westhall55

Recruit
I have a 2004 Yamaha HPDI 250 that I bought last year from a guy. Motor has been used 100 percent in salt. Motor would crank and run fine when first installed but some funny things occurred. Motor would run fine but only max out at 3900 rpms. I changed all filters including mystery filters without change. So I rewired whole boat to make sure it wasn’t electrical issue. No change. Took it out a few days ago and noticed that is wasn’t peeing out of hole. Tried sticking weed eater string and not even a drop. So I took it to a trusted mechanic and he dug into it and hooked it up to YDS software. Everything checked out other than some overheating alarms. Scary I know but he said psi checks were good along with cylinders. All pumps and injectors firing as they should with correct pressures. Mechanic removed feed hose to pee hole out of block and was not blocked at all. Removed both thermos and poppit and tried hitting it with air to see if it was blocked. It wasn’t moving any air period and blowing chuck out of hole. All of this done after Inspection of impeller. Impeller was ok as with pump. He is thinking it is a blockage possibly from an old impeller that failed and got sucked up through passage right near where it cools the regulator/rectifier. I have complete faith in him but was wondering if anyone had ever had this happen? Wanting to see if this would solve the rpm issue as the ecu is sending it into limp mode. Thanks so much

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Max. 3900 rpm isn’t limp mode.
What size prop is on it?