Yamaha F25 Carb Issue

Bnagy

Recruit
I have a 09 Yamaha F25 LEHB that I have replaced the fuel tank, fuel filter, cleaned the carb 3 TIMES and I have all brand new fuel in it. The boat cranks very quickly, idles excellent and will get up to full throttle just fine, slowly. The issue is when you rev it up quickly, it bogs down. I have done quite a bit of research, but still haven't came up with a solution. I have looked at the plunger in the bottom of the carb bowl that people mention, too. The only thing I have not replaced is the fuel line, but I don't think that is the issue. Anyone with experience that may be able to help?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If o'rings located on both fuel connectors are severely worn, dried, hardened, motor will suck air along fuel and motor will miss when trottle is in demand, worse at 3/4 to max throttle.

You have 3 alternatives : Remove o'rings with a thin needle and look for them at an auto parts store, specify for fuel use. Find someone to lend a used fuel line in excellent working order to test or buy a new one. You decide.

Happy Boating

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Remove the air intake silencer. Look into the throat of the carburetor to find the accelerator pump output nozzle. With the primer ball having been used to ensure the carburetor is full of fuel, rapidly the open the throttle valve. You should see a stream of gasoline spray out of the back side of the nozzle. Out of a hole the size of a gnat's arse.

What do you see?
2il1pa0.jpg