Charging system question for Yamaha f25mlh

Stickyskilet

Cadet
I came over here after posting in the electrical/electronics forum in boat restoration... I was able to end up understanding that my problem is that the voltage being delivered to the batteries through the rectifier is too high. (15.5v @ idle and 15.75v @half throttle)

I’ve also been told elsewhere that the 2005 f25mlh 65w did not come with a rectifier... but did come with the leads from the stator to connect one if charging a house battery was desired.
I’d like to know then, if the rectifier that has been put in by the previous owner, can simply be removed, and the two leads from the stator be capped and tucked away... or would they have to be dealt with in some other way?

Alternatively, in looking up the model number of the rectifier (sb6-12) I saw that listed as a Suzuki part. My very basic understanding of that rectifier is that it is a group of diodes that either allow current to flow in a given direction or not. Can anyone tell me if an OEM rectifier would/could have A regulating circuit in it that could be the solution to the high voltage being read at the battery?

Thanks