No hose or nozzle leading to pisser on Yamaha 25 HP 2-stroke Outboard

chilly988

Recruit
Hello everyone. I recently refurbished a 25 HP Yamaha 2-stroke outboard. One thing I did was replace the impeller given the age, and noticing no water stream out the back. Upon getting the motor fired back up, there was still no stream. I then checked to see if the nozzle had been clogged and noticed there is just a rubber plug where the nozzle would usually be on the rear of the bottom cowl (see attached pictures).

I don't see any plumbing lines around the powerhead, and there is no water shooting out anywhere. I am kind of at a loss on this. Do all models have the water nozzle at the rear?

For reference: I am a little unsure of the year, as the model number suggests it's a 1997, but given the single carb setup and the older model replacement impeller I had two buy, I am inclined to believe at least some of the components are older.

Attachments

• photo313072.jpg
    photo313072.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo313073.jpg
    photo313073.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • photo313074.jpg
    photo313074.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

robert graham

Admiral
Maybe it was removed or deleted for some unknown reason???... But it shouldn't be too much trouble to add a tube, if you can locate the plugged port on the cylinder head...assuming there is such a port, which should be just a small threaded hole for a hose nipple or elbow to go....

chilly988

Recruit
Yea that could be possible. I couldn't seem to find such a port, but I'll check again...maybe a bit harder to find if someone were to plug it with a bolt or something of the sort. Thanks for the response.